What's your skin type? Babydoll Weddings
Lead Stylist Charity explains why it's good to know your skin type, and how to care for it: "It is very important to know your skin type so that you can take the proper care for it and treat it in the way it requires, especially as you ready for your wedding day. Listed below are the 5 skin types. Compare your skin against their characteristics to find what your skin type is and we will show you how to care for it.
- Dry skin type
- Oily skin type
- Mixed skin type
- Sensitive skin type
- Normal skin type
Caring for dry skin
- Use a specially designed cleansing lotion to cleanse your skin, but leave it on for a while before wiping it away. Splash cold water on your face to freshen it. Use heavy-duty moisturizer which will help the skin retain moisture and prevent evaporation.
Caring for oily skin
- Wash your skin with cleansing foam. It removes impurities, but retains moisture. After that, rub the skin with a cotton ball dipped in alcohol-based lotion. Even oily skin needs moisturizing, but the moisturizer has to be light. Dab away all excesses with a tissue.
Caring for mixed skin
- Use cleansing foam to wash your face in the morning. This will keep the oily parts clean and prevent the formation of blackheads. In the evening, apply moisturizer to calm the dry areas.
Caring for sensitive skin
- Never wash your face with soap. Use hypoallergenic cleansing lotion instead. Use a nourishing moisturizer and a lotion which creates a protective barrier to prevent irritation. Make sure that your moisturizer does not contain perfume.
Caring for normal skin
- Wash your face with foam. While doing that, rub the foam in, massaging the face with gentle circular motions. Cool your skin down with a splash of cold water or lotion which does not contain alcohol.
Thanks to Charity for sharing with us how to take care of our different skin types! Hopefully this is helpful for you as you get your skin ready for the most important day of your life, and beyond. What you can do now for your skin, you can continue to do for the rest of your life.
Labels: Babydoll Beauty Secrets